With the school year fast approaching, we’re getting ready to hold elections for the remaining positions of the exec team!
Anyone is welcome to apply for an exec position. In order to apply, send a short 100-200 word blurb to email@example.com explaining who you are and why you are applying for this position. Include your blurb in an email with the subject heading “Name: Position.”
All blurbs must be received by September 5th. We will hold a meeting the week of September 8th during which voting will take place. Successful candidates will be announced at the end of the meeting.
If you have any questions about the application process or the positions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Positions Available (from the JHR McGill Constitution):
The role of the VP Communications is to:
• Maintain a detailed list of Chapter members
• Provide notice of Chapter and executive meetings
• Keep minutes and distribute agendas at executive and general meetings
• Maintain the JHR McGill Chapter website, listserv, and social media with current information to ensure accessibility of the club to all members
• Coordinate publicity for JHR events and opportunities to promote JHR throughout the McGill community
• Keep all club graphics, artwork, and documents on file
The role of the VP Internal is to:
• Ensure financial transparency of the club
• Research potential grants, sponsorships and donors
• Prepare financial statements to be submitted to JHR and to SSMU
• Prepare and maintain a budget for the year
• Collect receipts for out-of-pocket expenditures and issue reimbursement
• Keep all receipts/statements for the incoming VP Internal
• Co-sign all financial/legal transactions with the President
• Prepare applications for grants and subsidies internally and externally
• Collect any member fees approved by the Executive Committee
• Conduct all activities and responsibilities concerning the SSMU (e.g. room bookings, audits, office request forms, etc.)
The role of VP Newspaper is to:
• Organize the publication of the chapter newspaper
• Coordinate article submission and editing
The role of VP Layout is to:
• Coordinate the layout and photo selection of the chapter publication [knowledge of InDesign extremely helpful!]
Thank you! Enjoy this last week of summer!